Amazon 4 Plant Aeroponics Kit
The Amazon 4 Plant Aeroponics Kit is used where young plants or rooted cuttings are placed in mesh pots and hang down into the Amazon’s misting chamber that sits on top of a nutrient solution tank. The roots are constantly misted with nutrient solution.
Why should I choose Aeroponics?
Aeroponics produce great results because roots are suspended in the air and continuously sprayed with water and nutrient. The plant roots have unrestricted access to oxygen, water and nutrients essential for explosive growth. The sprayer should be turned on and the reservoir kept topped up with nutrient solution. As no medium is used, the system offers a clean, oxygen-rich root zone where roots will thrive.
The Maxi Jet 1000 pump supplies a powerful spray that creates a miniature rainstorm inside the chamber. The AMAZON offers a 4 point, 360° distribution system that showers the whole root area leaving no blind spots.
The fact that the misting chamber is so oxygen-rich also means that disease is prevented (because most root diseases can’t survive in such conditions) so large numbers of plants can be grown in smaller spaces without the risk of disease.
The Amazon is also the most space efficient grow system at just 38cms tall
Full kit contents:
- Tank, Chamber Lid (4x 50mm holes)
- Tank Cover, Maxi Jet 1000 Water Pump
- Sponge Filter Delivery System
- 4x 50mm Mesh Pots
- 125ml pH Down (phosphoric acid)
- Liquid pH Test Kit
- Empty Tube
Golden Rule: Leave the pump on 24/7. Lots of growers make the mistake of putting the pump on a segmental timer. For optimum aeroponic results, a plant’s roots need constant access to water, nutrient and oxygen.
- The Amazon 4 Plant Aeroponics Kit is a very flexible system. Growers can choose to block lid holes that are not in use and space plants out however they wish. They can also purchase different lids separately. So, for example, they can grow 4 large plants and swap to 16 small plants just by swapping lids or plugging holes
- Young plants started in 1” rockwool cubes, root riots or jiffy’s can be transplanted into an Amazon. Like NFT, they must be root bound before they go into the system
- When plants are transplanted into the system without a clone collar, cut a square of b+w and place it around the base of the plant. This will prevent light from entering the root chamber
- Plants under lights will take up water at a greater rate than they take up nutrient. Over time the EC (CF) of the solution will rise. Top up the tank with half strength nutrient solution, check EC and add extra nutrient if required. Then adjust pH.
- Perform a complete solution change every 1-3 weeks, depending plant size, water quality and hardness and tank volume to plant ratio.
These work extremely well with the Plant Magic Hydro A&B 1L nutrients.